Thursday, September 29, 2011

The First of Its Kind

So, this is where this blog becomes less about my son, Foster, and more about everything else.

First up, The Five Minute Brownie!

imgres.jpeg
Source

A Facebook friend posted a link to this recipe yesterday, and yesterday I was seriously craving some chocolate!  Only, I had already eaten a handful of M&M's from Foster's potty reward jar, so I decided not to make this brownie-in-a-mug and bookmarked the recipe for future reference.

Future reference = today.  That's right, I. Have. No. Willpower.

As I write this, I'm eating a brownie out of my favorite mug.  Wait, scratch that.  I just drank the crumbs.

The recipe is below and yes, it tastes and feels just like a brownie.  It is a brownie and it was totally worth it.

Best part, I don't have the rest of the pan calling my name.  Making me feel guilty.

Guilty for not eating another and another and another.  I mean, how wasteful would that be?

Guilty for eating another and another and another.

Worst part, I didn't have any vanilla ice cream to scoop on top.  (You know, the whole no willpower thing.)

Enjoy!  I'm going to take a nap.

Ingredients
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
dash of salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
1/3 teaspoon vanilla
small handful of chocolate chips (optional)


Instructions
Whisk together dry ingredients in a coffee mug, standard size (11 oz.) or larger. Add oil, water, and vanilla and mix thoroughly -- making sure to scrape the bottom and sides so that it's all incorporated. If you'd like, mix in chocolate chips.

Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. The finished product will be soft-ish and chewy.

Cool for a minute. Eat right out of the mug :) Don't wait long, as the brownie will harden with time.


Note: This serving size is pretty generous. For kids or for adults with modest appetites, I recommend cutting all the quantities in half (and decreasing the cooking time -- in my microwave, the half-recipe takes about 45 seconds on high) for a smaller brownie in a mug.
http://www.squidoo.com/fiveminutebrownie

No comments:

Post a Comment