Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Whole30:Day 31

Good evening faithful followers!  I made it!

Today is Day 31 of my Whole30 experiment and boy did I fall of the wagon.

Today I ate grains, legumes, added sugar, alcohol, and dairy.  But, I am planning to start a second Whole30 tomorrow.  Or, maybe a Whole7, Whole14 or even a Whole21.  I'm not quite sure yet.

This experiment wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I really enjoyed eating so healthfully.  I didn't miss the food mentioned above and really want to reintroduce them one at a time to see if any of them negatively impact my health.  Today was simply a day to celebrate and enjoy dinner with friends.

Last post I mentioned my new Instant Pot.  It cooked frozen chicken breasts so well that I decided to make rice in it tonight and it turned out great!

Last post I also promised to give you my final thoughts on the Whole30, so here goes...

I have talked about clearer skin and less headaches, but just yesterday I broke out with six new pimples and had a mild headache.  This is all related to ovulation, but I was really hoping the Whole30 would minimize these particular issues.

I also talked a lot about wanting to wake up like Tigger and have Tiger Blood throughout the day, but neither of those have happened consistently for me during this experiment.

On a positive note, my nails seem a little healthier, my tummy flatter, and my waist smaller.  My sugar cravings feel under control, I'm continuing to wean off heartburn medication, and I even lost a few pounds.  Weight loss was not my main goal, but it is certainly welcome!

The Whole30 offers two options for reintroduction.  One of them is called the slow roll, and that is what I plan to do.  I'm not sure when I'll start that process, but I plan to blog about it, so stay tuned!

Thanks for following along.  This blog has held me accountable and I've enjoyed sharing the good, the bad and the ugly of the Whole30!


No comments:

Post a Comment