Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Whole30:Day Two

Welcome back!  Are you ready for the good, the bad and the ugly?

Today it's ugly.  I have had a tummy ache all day.  I probably lost a pound this morning, if you know what I mean.

Not sure if it's all the veggies and fruit I ate yesterday, but I can't imagine what else it could be.  Any ideas?

Meanwhile, my breakfast and lunch were the same as yesterday.

Snacks were the same as yesterday too, except I did not have applesauce and I added pumpkin seeds and coconut to the almonds and raisins for a trail mix.  It was yummy and held me over longer than the almonds and raisins by themselves.

Differences today were that I did not feel as sluggish as I did yesterday afternoon and therefore did not have afternoon coffee.

We ate dinner with extended family tonight and I didn't have any control over the menu.  The options were barbecue pork, rotisserie chicken, potato salad, coleslaw, squash casserole, potato chips, fruit salad and dessert.

The rotisserie chicken and fruit salad were the only things that were Whole30 compliant so I ate those.  But, I also made a conscious decision to eat potato chips.  The ingredients were potatoes, vegetable oil and salt.

Vegetable oil is NOT Whole30 compliant, but I felt like I needed to eat something other than the chicken and fruit, especially with my upset tummy.  In other words, I'm an adult and I gave myself a pass for the following reasons:

I do not think potato chips are healthy.  I did not binge on them. And, I will not buy them or make them a part of my regular diet.

I'd love to hear what you would have done in my situation...

No comments:

Post a Comment