Sunday, July 3, 2016

Whole30:Day 14

Sunday.  Sundaaaaaay (ala Al Roker).

It's July 3rd.  Also known as Day to Shoot Off Fireworks Even Though It's Not Yet the Fourth Which Means My Kids Will Be Up Late At Least Two Nights In a Row.

Today I pulled all the weeds.  Who's laughing now, Katie?  Who's laughing now?

But seriously, is there anything more gratifying that pulling weeds?  As much as I hate weeds, I sure do love pulling them.

Food was more of the same.  The only different thing I ate was stir fried broccoli made by my mother-in-law since I couldn't eat the broccoli casserole she made.  Poor me.

Honestly, it was a little bit of a struggle not to finish off the broccoli casserole as I was cleaning off the table.  There wasn't enough to save for later, but too much to toss.  I told my mother-in-law and she took one for the team and ate it!  That's love.

Just to recap, breakfast was pumpkin pancakes topped with blueberries.  Morning snack was a peach. Lunch was a garden salad topped with balsamic vinegar, beef roast with carrots and potatoes, and stir fried broccoli.  Afternoon snack was a pineapple and coconut milk smoothie, and dinner was leftover pork, sautéed veggies and greens.  Cashew butter and almond milk are my blogging buddies.

I've been eating on that Boston pork butt since Wednesday and it looks like I'll be eating it for lunch this week.  The variety of my diet has got to be killing you.

This evening I made fruit salad for the week.  Blueberries, strawberries, oranges, peaches and pears.  I also prepped raw carrots and celery for the week.

See how exciting life of Whole30 is?

Tomorrow is Day 15.  Also known as I'm Halfway There!

No comments:

Post a Comment