Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Whole30:Day 17

Day 17?  What happened to Day 16?  I don't know.  I got behind due to the holiday, but I haven't fallen off the wagon!

Okay, so Day 16 was Tuesday, yesterday and it was literally more of the same.  The only difference was dinner.

Scott made an Asian one-dish meal of ground turkey, broccoli, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, coconut aminos and mandarin oranges.  It was a Whole30 recipe and it was delish!

Today, Wednesday, Day 17 has also been more of the same:
Breakfast = frittata and hot lemon water.
Snack = peach from The Peach Truck (Thank you Ashley!)
Lunch = salad greens with avocado, chicken salad and a coconut flavored sparkling water.
Snack = trail mix of almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, raisins and coconut pieces (not flakes).
Snack = watermelon.
Dinner = leftover Boston pork butt (the butt that keeps on giving!), collard greens and unsweet tea.
Snack = cashew butter and almond milk.

I realize a couple things when I look over that list.  One, I am still snacking more than Whole30 recommends.  And, two, my snacks do not always contain at least two macronutrients.

What's a macronutrient, you ask.  It is either a carbohydrate, fat or protein.  Micronutrients are vitamins and minerals.

Whole30 recommends you combine at least two of the three macronutrients per snack and all three for a meal.  I do really well for meals, but my snacks usually lack.  What could I have combined with a peach or watermelon that is either a fat or a protein that I didn't eat at some other point in the day and is Whole30 compliant?

Foster, my seven year old son, and I spent the day together.  We went to Whole Paycheck, I mean Foods, and picked up some more Applegate Turkey Bologna (the only Whole30 compliant lunch meat there) and some bacon.  BAAAAACON!  It is Whole30 compliant and I can't wait to try it this weekend!

I just checked my calendar to make sure today was Day 17 because I have honest to goodness lost track!  This way of eating is becoming second nature.

This morning I hopped out of bed when the alarm went off and haven't stopped since.  Maybe this is the Tiger Blood everyone talks about.

My skin is still clearer than it usually is this time of month.  Maybe it's the lack of dairy and the natural hormones that it contains for calves.

I am less bloated than usual for this time of the month.  Maybe it's all the fruit and veggie fiber.

I don't know and I don't care and I ain't got no underwear.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment