Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Whole30:Day 22

I want some banana bread and chocolate and creamer in my coffee, STAT.

These have been temptations today.  If I was not doing the Whole30, all of that would be in my belly right now.

But, I'm three weeks into this thing, and I'm gonna finish! I am disappointed that I'm having these cravings, but this morning I woke up at 5:45 and are you ready for this? I stayed awake! 

I had a good hour of quiet time to read my Bible and straighten my hair! You know, the important things.

Yesterday I had more yard work to do and no time to update, but I basically ate the same things I eat every Sunday.  Eggs, Whole30 compliant bacon, lunch at in-laws, signature smoothie and leftovers for supper.  No cheats or cravings.

Sundays I spend a lot of time in the kitchen prepping food for the week ahead.  Last night I made a breakfast frittata, cut up strawberries, and made lunch for today.

This morning I had the frittata and a cup of hot lemon water for breakfast.  My morning snack was a Banana Bread Larabar and a hot cup-a-joe (decaf). 

For lunch I had a salad with mixed greens, tomato, avocado and chicken salad.  My first afternoon snack was Whole30 compliant trail mix and my second was strawberries and blueberries.

Scott baked chicken drumsticks and Brussels sprouts for dinner.  I love Brussels sprouts!  The chicken took a while so I ate two slices of turkey bologna with a Claussen pickle while I waited.

For an evening snack I had my usual spoonful (or two!) of cashew butter and some almond milk.

As you can see, my diet is about the same each day.  I don't mind the monotony, but some people would.  You can also see that I'm snacking more than the Whole30 recommends. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full...unless I'm eating sweets, then I tend to binge which is one of the reasons I'm participating in the Whole30 in the first place.

Like the banana bread, for instance, if I have one piece, I'll want another and another.  I figure if I've already had a sweet for the day, I may as well have more.  The healthy diet is ruined for the day and I'll start over tomorrow.

I know that is not right thinking and I am hoping this experiment will help change my mindset in that regard.  The Whole30 has helped me avoid cravings, like today, but what will I tell myself when the Whole30 is over?

Obviously, a piece of banana bread is not a problem and if I could just stop at one, that would be ideal.  But, since that's hard for me, in some ways it's easier just to avoid the banana bread altogether.

How do you handle temptations?  Sweets?  Treats?

No comments:

Post a Comment